Monday, June 27, 2011

Creative Croutons

Hi y'all! I can't believe I have so many Harry Potter fans for readers- I love it!
Who's going to draw a scar on their forehead and wait for hours to see the first showing of the last movie? Me! Me!

Lately I've been eating a lot of salads. When there is hot summer weather, I'm not a big fan of using the stove or oven because it just heats up my apartment... but regular veggie salads have been boring so I've been jazzing them up with some Creative Croutons!
Example 1:
This salad had corn chex as croutons! They didn't get soggy and added a great crrrunch to my meal.

Example 2:

Soft Pretzel croutons! These were obviously not crispy and crunchy- but they added a great texture to this salad. Also in this salad were carrots, red onion, and bell pepper (both sliced in the mandolin) and juicy farmer's market tomato. Tossed in honey mustard, it was a great salad!

Do you get Creative with your Croutons? I'm starting a section on my blog for this- if you have a creative crouton idea, take a picture and send it to me! I'll feature it on my blog along with a link to your page if you have one.

Also, I'm updating some other parts of my blog. If you're not on my blogroll and want to be, leave me a comment and I'll add you! Just leave me the URL you'd like me to link to as well as the exact name of your blog. It would be nice if you added me in return, too :)

Good night!

5 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the not cooking in summer thing.Lately my meals have been so boring since I have little motivation to cook.

    Love the corn chex idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    I LOVE creative croutons too!! I always add something interesting as my croutons!

    I'll have to watch and see what I use!! I can't think of anything right now off the top of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the idea of a crouton section is fab! I love a bit of crunch on my salads so yeah, i always throw random stuff on my salads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like croutons for some crazy reason - never have, probably never will. Insane, I know, because I luuuurve bread and carbs in any other shape or form! The chex idea looks fun though - I could probably get behind that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pretzel idea in place of croutons! I would have never thought of that.
    I do like some crunch or bread on the side with salads so why not add it right in. I love me some carbs.

    ReplyDelete