Tuesday, May 17, 2011

High-Raw Detox: Day 1

Good evening everyone!
Today I started my High-Raw Detox! 
There are so many various "detox" plans out there that I just decided to create my own based on what I've been in the mood for lately- lots of fresh fruit and veggies! I have been indulging in too many delicious things lately and paying a price for it! I've been breaking out a little and haven't had a ton of energy.
So, I decided to go high-raw for a week...
My self-imposed "rules" include eating as much of the following foods as I want every day:
Raw fruits
Raw veggies (may also end up steaming a few)
Sprouts
Nuts (some are roasted, because that's what I have!)
Seeds
Beans 
Herbs and Spices
"Extras" like nutritional yeast, olive oil, coconut oil, agave nectar, chia seeds, apple cider vinegar, etc

This morning I woke up at 9am and made a big smoothie:
this had a 1/2 pound of strawberries and a banana- thick and yummy!
3 hours later I had some veggies and peanuts at work:
This was: 2 carrots, 1 celery stalk, and 1/4 cup peanuts 
Around 2:30 I made a bowl of raw pasta:
This was one spiralized zucchini topped with a raw tomato sauce and nutritional yeast.
For the raw sauce, I blended 1/2 a huge tomato, 1 stalk of celery, some olive oil, apple cider vinegar, a squirt of agave nectar, and some chili powder and salt to taste. Super good!
I was in the mood for something sweet later and made chocolate covered strawberries!
 I used Averie's recipe for Raw Vegan Coconut Oil Chocolate (modified to skip the vanilla and use equal proportions of all of the other ingredients) and dunked my strawberries into it, then refrigerated!
Around 7:30pm I had 2 bowls of vegetarian baked beans:

Today was a success! I didn't feel hungry or like I was "missing" anything at any point. Hope that trend continues. I have some yummy raw recipes for you tomorrow as well.

Have you ever gone raw (or semi-raw) for any period of time? Do you think you could?

10 comments:

  1. I would do it for a short amount of time, but not long term. I think I would miss it otherwise! looks like a yummy day of food though- love your raw pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long back, I did raw food wednesday. It wasn't bad but it was just one day. I am sure if I plan ahead, I can handle going raw for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never gone raw foods. I think I could, because I did the Master Cleanse for a few days and didn't have any problem, but I don't really want to - now I'm a little more about moderation. What I'm hoping to improve on is adding more raw foods to my diet (next month's goal: through smoothies at breakfast and salads at lunch), rather than going all-out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sonia! I was just thinking about you this morning when I was thinking about back when I first started my blog, and I realized that you were pretty much my very first regular reader! Ahh, can't believe that was a year ago and that we're still blogging!!! THANK YOU for all your love and continued support :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of years ago I had it as one of my new years resolutions to go high raw for 30 days, and I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never gone raw...but if I could surivive on 'chocolate' covered strawberries I would

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooo good job!

    I was raw/vegan for 3 weeks while doing my raw foods course! I felt AMAZING!! But it was really hard to keep up with for all 3 meals per day. I try some days, but it's hard!!!

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never done a full on raw diet. I think it is a great idea though!
    Chocolate covered strawberries are seriously my favorite dessert. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go raw? Not a chance. I admire those who do, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't do the raw diet thing. I tried! But since I can't eat nuts I was pretty much STARVING all day long.

    Kudos to you for giving it a shot. I think you are going to see amazing results!!

    ReplyDelete