Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's a POM-Tastic Day!

Happy Hump Day everyone! Hope y'all are all having a good Wednesday!!

Today I came home to a Wonderful POM Surprise!
Nooo...not a Pomeranian...
A free case of POM Wonderful from the fabulous people at POM. Thanks, Ryan!!

I cannot wait to try out some of the awesome cocktail, mocktail, and food recipes on their site. 
Did you know...
-POM Wonderful products are backed by $32 million in medical research
-The medicinal properties of pomegranates made them the subject of myths, epics, and works of art, form Raphael and Cezanne to Homer and Shakespeare

HOW COOL!

I also received another free sample in the mail today:
Cream of Wheat! I was desperately hoping for the Sponge Bob maple brown sugar flavor but I got stuck with Original. I already have original cream of wheat at home, but I'm not sure what this new "Healthy Grain" label is all about. I shall investigate this and get back to you...

So, last night I did end up making pancakes for dinner. Pancakes...with hemp seeds!
My Hemp, My Hemp, my crunchy seedy bumps...check 'em out!

Seriously though, the hemp seeds really added an awesome dimension to the pancakes. I made the batter and added a tablespoon of hemp seeds along with a generous dash of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.
After I made them, I smothered them in peanut butter and Crofter's jam, and sprinkled unsweetened coconut all over the tops.
A squirt of agave nectar may also have made it onto the plate.
My love.

I restrained myself from eating the entire batch and saved 2 for breakfast in the morning.
I am never eating plain pancakes again.

I went to the doctor this morning before work and the verdict was: Ear Infection! Blah... I used to get ear infections very often as a child and I think that cutting dairy out of my diet back then really helped me. I'm not sure if my yogurt consumption of late is the culprit here, but I'm definitely going to do better to clean up my eats. Unfortunately, my carb-craving sickly feeling hadn't passed and I ended up eating a small bag of Sun Chips at work as well as getting mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli for lunch.

Needless to say, I was pretty hungry after work and ended up going to Market Street with my boyfriend for Linner (Dunch??) I hit up the salad bar while he got two slices of pizza.
Clockwise from the top, thai noodles, fresh fruit, shredded carrot on spring mix with some (hidden) baby corn and pecans, crackers, asian tofu salad, hummus on top of a pile of tabouleh, and a dolma (stuffed grape leaf).

This was ridiculous.
I love candied nuts.

I ate all of this except for the thai salad which tasted like it was covered in petrified wasabi or doused in lysol...I couldn't really tell. :(

I also enjoyed a delicious pizza crust from my beloved. I looked away from his gorgeous face to see this on CNN:
love it.

And now, while I wish I was drinking this POMtini Royale
I shall instead be hitting the books so I don't fail my exam tomorrow!

Catch you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment